All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Humans are more like a virus

Go down 
+2
krystineM
futureshock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

Humans are more like a virus Empty
PostSubject: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 2:39 pm

The other day I was thinking about how many people there are on the planet compared to different species. It kind of made me sick to think about how many of us there are compared to how few of so many of them there are. Here's a small comparison:

giant pandas 1600
polar bears 20,000 to 25,000
tigers less than 4,000
Blue Whales 3,000 to 5,000
North Atlantic Right Whale 300 to 350
Rhinos 1600
African elephant 470,000 - 690,000
Asian Elephants 25,600 to 32,750
Great Apes
Bonobos f60,000 to fewer than 5,000
Borneo Orangutan
Central Bornean 38,000
NW Bornean 3,000
Central Champanzee Up to 115,000
Cross River Gorilla 300
Eastern Lowland Gorilla maybe 17,000 at one time
Mountain Gorilla 700
Sumatran Orangutan 7500
Western chimpanzee 21,000 to 55,000
Western Lowland Gorilla possibly 100,000

Humans 6,600,000,000
6.6 billion

So, what should we do about the obscene numbers of people? I think we should start discussing the benefits of smaller families more publicly.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Not everyone wants a one child family though.
Majorty of the time, when a couple starts having kids, they idealy would like to have a brother or sister for their first born to play with too.
And also, for the families who live in poverty parts of the world, they have alot of kids to help with daily chores and work for the family to earn more money. This isn't right, but it happens.

The only place that has cracked down on smaller families is China.
One boy, one girl, if you have another girl they abort her or put her up for adoption.
I would hope that this is not how our society or the whole world would turn out one day.
Handing out information sheets on how many children your allowed per house hold.

Some families grew up with maybe 7 kids or more.
And want their children to grow up with a big family too.

Sure there would be great benefits if everyone had smaller families, financially, health care, food, etc.
But if couples want bigger families they make things work with what they have.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 pm

We don't need to resort to China's tactics in order to control population.

Population statistics currently shows that where women have access to education, health services, sex education, and equal access to the workplace, coupled with the right to choose the rejection of religious dogma, they tend to have fewer children than previous generations.

The list above is heartbreaking...in particular my favourite polar bears Sad
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 pm

But animals and humans are different.

There are fewer of them,because some are taken out of their habitats, poched or hunted.

Humans are always reproducing, when one dies one is being born.
Our race will not run out because of the fact that we are not in harms way like the animals are.

It is sad, but just a way of life as well. Which is also sad.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:12 pm

We're an alien plague, and there should be tighter restrictions on reproduction.

I'm talking prerequisites to having children. Emotionally stable, minimum financially stable, background checks, minimum education levels must be met, etc. You apply to have a kid (hey, if you have to apply to be married what's the difference) and if you get a NO! you get sterilized.

People whose qualifications change with time are eligible to adopt the children whose parents fucked up and lost their kids permanently.

Would people strive to be better?
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:44 pm

But, who are we to say who is a good parent or granted permission to be a parent?
I dont agree with drug addicts criminals ... but everyone can change their ways.
And anyone can be a good parent if they try their hardest, meet the needs of their child's, and put their child first.
Marriage is different, your bringing two families together and are able to get a divorce/separation or annulment if things do not work out.
With a child, you have to work hard to raise that child right. You can't just say ok i give up.
Sure some have kids young, but some do a wonderful job raising children.
With a helping hand, asking for the help if needed and giving 110% each day, i think you can do a great job.
Plus they have paarenting classes, mommy and me classes, help lines to call if you have trouble with something, meetings and nurses who can come see how you are doing when the baby is born too.
With all the help provided there's no reason why someone should really fail at parenting unless they just dont care.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:54 pm

krystineM wrote:
But, who are we to say who is a good parent or granted permission to be a parent?

History can say.

krystineM wrote:
I dont agree with drug addicts criminals ... but everyone can change their ways.
And anyone can be a good parent if they try their hardest, meet the needs of their child's, and put their child first.
Marriage is different, your bringing two families together and are able to get a divorce/separation or annulment if things do not work out.
With a child, you have to work hard to raise that child right. You can't just say ok i give up.
Sure some have kids young, but some do a wonderful job raising children.
With a helping hand, asking for the help if needed and giving 110% each day, i think you can do a great job.
Plus they have paarenting classes, mommy and me classes, help lines to call if you have trouble with something, meetings and nurses who can come see how you are doing when the baby is born too.
With all the help provided there's no reason why someone should really fail at parenting unless they just dont care.

Alot of people don't care, or they don't even know how to care.

People suck, krystine, and most of them shouldn't be propagating.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:59 pm

I don't agree with forced sterilisation or any form of "compulsion" regarding the individual's reproductive rights.

Education, for me, is the key, along with equality of opportunity to make something of life before settling and having children. It works - which is why birth rates in countries where women have equality of opprtunity are actually decreasing.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:05 pm

You're right, Maz.

I just interact with people who have no care for what's past their own skin constantly and I've just about had enough. Here's what I need: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:11 pm

That's very tempting Laughing

I get where you are coming from Erulisse, I'm not some naive hippy you know!! sunny Wink

There are plenty of selfish, ignorant morons who spit out kid after kid while claiming all and sundry and it is very tempting to reach for drastic solutions. But I've spent so long defending access to legal abortion on the grounds that a woman's body is her own, that to contemplate acts of forced sterilisation just seems wrong.

Here in the UK we need to bypass an entire generation and concentrate on the younger impressionable children and offer them a future where they feel they don't need to have three, four, five, six kids in order to live a good life.

As to the wider global problem, again it comes down to education, giving women the confidence to say no to sex, or no to more children, when pressured by social/religious/cultural pressures.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Maz wrote:
That's very tempting Laughing

I get where you are coming from Erulisse, I'm not some naive hippy you know!! sunny Wink

There are plenty of selfish, ignorant morons who spit out kid after kid while claiming all and sundry and it is very tempting to reach for drastic solutions. But I've spent so long defending access to legal abortion on the grounds that a woman's body is her own, that to contemplate acts of forced sterilisation just seems wrong.

You could argue for forced sterilization of men? lol!
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Maz, why are there so many teen pregnancies in the UK? (I know, the U.S. is much, much worse.)
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 pm

krystineM wrote:
But animals and humans are different.
We are animals.
Quote :

There are fewer of them,because some are taken out of their habitats, poched or hunted.

Humans are always reproducing, when one dies one is being born.
Don't animals do that, too?
Quote :

Our race will not run out because of the fact that we are not in harms way like the animals are.
But we put ourselves in harm's way. We are responsible for killing each other in enormous numbers. I also think the planet will eventually kill us off, because we don't add anything beneficial to it, and in fact we do just the opposite. Global warming will kill us off, and we won't be ale to stop it because there are too many greedy, sick bastards who will not allow us to try to reduce the causes of it.
Back to top Go down
EiriForLife

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Then again, compare us to the populations of animals that are NOT endangered (because we're not endangered either) and you'll find we're rather scarce. Like flies, for example. Or even spiders. Or opposums.

futureshock wrote:
The other day I was thinking about how many people there are on the planet compared to different species. It kind of made me sick to think about how many of us there are compared to how few of so many of them there are. Here's a small comparison:

giant pandas 1600
polar bears 20,000 to 25,000
tigers less than 4,000
Blue Whales 3,000 to 5,000
North Atlantic Right Whale 300 to 350
Rhinos 1600
African elephant 470,000 - 690,000
Asian Elephants 25,600 to 32,750
Great Apes
Bonobos f60,000 to fewer than 5,000
Borneo Orangutan
Central Bornean 38,000
NW Bornean 3,000
Central Champanzee Up to 115,000
Cross River Gorilla 300
Eastern Lowland Gorilla maybe 17,000 at one time
Mountain Gorilla 700
Sumatran Orangutan 7500
Western chimpanzee 21,000 to 55,000
Western Lowland Gorilla possibly 100,000

Humans 6,600,000,000
6.6 billion

So, what should we do about the obscene numbers of people? I think we should start discussing the benefits of smaller families more publicly.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 5:50 pm

futureshock wrote:
Maz, why are there so many teen pregnancies in the UK? (I know, the U.S. is much, much worse.)

I would imagine there are similar reasons on both sides of the water, Future. Poverty, lack of sex education, poor parenting skills, low self-esteem, lack of future employment oppportunities, and of course copying the actions of their own mothers and grandmothers. In some areas, there are three generations of single mothers living together...for children born into these families it is the norm. Social services bends over backwards to assist pregnant girls under 17, and a fairly generous welfare state/housing benefits means that there is not a great deal of incentive to go to work if that work is simply unskilled labour on the minimum wage.

Almost half of under-age (17 and under) pregnancies are aborted, a ten per cent rise on the previous year (2006). Girls having more than one abortion are still relatively rare, but they are increasing, again suggesting that low educational skills and lack of sex education play a great part in the problem.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:46 pm

Thanks, Maz.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 3:05 pm

futureshock wrote:
Thanks, Maz.

Smile you are welcome.
Back to top Go down
adammacbell

PostSubject: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Human beings have a tendency to work as a virus. As virus, that can multiply itself just by infecting other (living) organisms, human beings multiply themselves by (ab)using animals and infecting the ecological system. Human’s food generally is the body of other animals; every person eats around hundred animals every year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humans are more like a virus   Humans are more like a virus Empty

Back to top Go down

Humans are more like a virus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Drama All of the Time :: Debate :: General Debate-
Jump to: