All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 7:03 am

Quote :
Sarah Palin
Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin wrote in her line-item veto changes by hand in this copy of a 2008 spending bill obtained by The Washington Post.

By Paul Kane
ST. PAUL -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee who revealed Monday that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, earlier this year used her line-item veto to slash funding for a state program benefiting teen mothers in need of a place to live.

After the legislature passed a spending bill in April, Palin went through the measure reducing and eliminating funds for programs she opposed. Inking her initials on the legislation -- "SP" -- Palin reduced funding for Covenant House Alaska by more than 20 percent, cutting funds from $5 million to $3.9 million. Covenant House is a mix of programs and shelters for troubled youths, including Passage House, which is a transitional home for teenage mothers.

According to Passage House's web site, its purpose is to provide "young mothers a place to live with their babies for up to eighteen months while they gain the necessary skills and resources to change their lives" and help teen moms "become productive, successful, independent adults who create and provide a stable environment for themselves and their families."

Palin's own daughter, Bristol, is five months pregnant and has plans to wed.

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family," Palin said in a statement released by the McCain campaign. "We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi's privacy, as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."

Earlier today the Associated Press reported that Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, opposed funding to prevent teen pregnancies, a position that Palin also took as governor. "The explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support," she wrote in a 2006 questionnaire distributed among gubernatorial candidates.

Reporters asked McCain in November 2007 whether he supported grants for sex education in the United States, whether such programs should include directions for using contraceptives and whether he supports President Bush's policy of promoting abstinence.

"Ahhh, I think I support the president's policy," McCain said.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/02/palin_slashed_funding_to_help.html

Quote :

Sarah Palin was pregnant before she got married
Sarah Palin eloped with her high-school boyfriend, Todd Palin, on August 29, 1988, when she was 24 years old.[6] According to her mother, "It was a shock but she did it because she knew we couldn’t afford a big white wedding."[111] Their first son, Track, was born eight months after their wedding.[112]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin#Family
Quote :

The New Republic
"Sarah Palin named two of her children after witches, once took drugs, and refused to sign a bill forbidding domestic benefits for gay couples."
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/08/29/what-the-palin-pick-means-for-evangelicals.aspx

Quote :
Bristol Palin's babydaddy's MySpace says"I DON'T WANT KIDS"

radaronline.com — Levi Johnston, father of Sarah Palin's grandaughter, boasts, "I'm a f - - -in' redneck...I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess." "Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] ass," His status is "in a relationship," but he states, "I DON'T WANT KIDS."
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Bristol_Palin_s_babydaddy_s_MySpace_says_I_DON_T_WANT_KIDS

Quote :
Feministing.com
Now today comes the news that Palin's 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, is pregnant. In the news release, the McCain campaign made sure to state that:

Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said.

While it's obvious why they made this statement to assure the public that Bristol was not coerced into keeping the baby (after all, she does have a parent who is a staunch opponent of the right to choose and is currently on the Republican presidential ticket), as my significant other pointed out, there's some serious hypocrisy at play here. I mean, John McCain and Sarah Palin don't believe women have a right to choose. It's absolutely absurd for the campaign to emphasize the fact that Bristol "made this decision," and then push for policies that take away that choice.

In reality, Bristol's actual "choice" was probably not whether to terminate the pregnancy or carry it to term, but whether raise the child herself or put it up for adoption. But the reason that the McCain campaign chose to emphasize Bristol's agency in this decision was to reassure the public that this pregnancy is not coercive. They know the public wants to feel secure in the knowledge that it was Bristol's choice to keep the pregnancy. And coming from the McCain campaign, which opposes a woman's right to choose, that statement is disgusting. As Kate Sheppard wrote in In These Times recently, during the 2000 primary McCain said that if his daughter got pregnant it would be a "family decision":

"The final decision would be made by Meghan with our advice and counsel," McCain said, referring to himself and his wife, Cindy. When reporters suggested that this view made him, in fact, pro-choice, McCain became irritated. "I don't think it is the pro-choice position to say that my daughter and my wife and I will discuss something that is a family matter that we have to decide."

In other words: My family and my daughter deserve a choice, but no other woman can be trusted with this decision. This fits nicely with the narrative on both Palin's decision to carry her Down's syndrome child to term and her daughter's decision to carry her own pregnancy to term. Their decisions are seen by the antichoice Republican base as affirmation that Palin shares their values. But the underlying message that each woman had a choice is a validation of pro-choice values.
ttp://www.feministing.com/archives/010762.html

Quote :

New York Times
G.O.P. Holds to Firm Stance on Abortion
The Republican Party platform this year will reassert the party’s opposition to abortion. And again it will not allow for exceptions in the cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother, even though Senator John McCain, the presumptive presidential nominee, has long called for such exceptions.

Mr. McCain has been trying to win over social conservatives wary of his candidacy, and the party is set to approve the platform Monday without the exceptions. On Friday, he named a vice-presidential running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, who opposes any exception for abortion and whose selection was hailed unequivocally by groups opposing abortion rights.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/us/politics/31abortion.html?ref=politics

Quote :
CBS NEWS
Sarah Palin says she is "proud" that her 17-year-old daughter, who is five months pregnant, has made a "decision to have her baby."

Foes of abortion rights are celebrating the decision.

Richard Land, the president of the Southern Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the 16-million-member Southern Baptist Convention, says,
"The Palin family, in making this choice to affirm life and affirm the baby, is giving a pro-life stance."

Referring to Palin's daughter, Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, said, "Fortunately, Bristol is following her mother and father's example of choosing life in the midst of a difficult situation."

Interesting words those: "decision," "choice," "choosing."

Palin and her family are being celebrated for making wise and responsible decisions and choices.

Yet, Palin and her party would deny Americans the right to wise and responsible decisions and choices.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/02/opinion/main4408972.shtml

Last edited by futureshock on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 pm

Quote :
What is it exactly that the V.P. does every day?

-Sarah Palin

McCracker met her twice before nominating her to be second in command of the United States of America.

Shotgun nomination?

I look at cars I buy more than he talked with her.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 12:21 pm

lol @ shotgun!!!!!
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 2:56 pm

I just added to the op. Go read it.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:31 pm

[quote="futureshock"][quote]Sarah Palin

Quote :
Feministing.com
Now today comes the news that Palin's 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, is pregnant. In the news release, the McCain campaign made sure to state that:

Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said.

While it's obvious why they made this statement to assure the public that Bristol was not coerced into keeping the baby (after all, she does have a parent who is a staunch opponent of the right to choose and is currently on the Republican presidential ticket), as my significant other pointed out, there's some serious hypocrisy at play here. I mean, John McCain and Sarah Palin don't believe women have a right to choose. It's absolutely absurd for the campaign to emphasize the fact that Bristol "made this decision," and then push for policies that take away that choice.

In reality, Bristol's actual "choice" was probably not whether to terminate the pregnancy or carry it to term, but whether raise the child herself or put it up for adoption. But the reason that the McCain campaign chose to emphasize Bristol's agency in this decision was to reassure the public that this pregnancy is not coercive. They know the public wants to feel secure in the knowledge that it was Bristol's choice to keep the pregnancy. And coming from the McCain campaign, which opposes a woman's right to choose, that statement is disgusting. As Kate Sheppard wrote in In These Times recently, during the 2000 primary McCain said that if his daughter got pregnant it would be a "family decision":

"The final decision would be made by Meghan with our advice and counsel," McCain said, referring to himself and his wife, Cindy. When reporters suggested that this view made him, in fact, pro-choice, McCain became irritated. "I don't think it is the pro-choice position to say that my daughter and my wife and I will discuss something that is a family matter that we have to decide."

In other words: My family and my daughter deserve a choice, but no other woman can be trusted with this decision. This fits nicely with the narrative on both Palin's decision to carry her Down's syndrome child to term and her daughter's decision to carry her own pregnancy to term. Their decisions are seen by the antichoice Republican base as affirmation that Palin shares their values. But the underlying message that each woman had a choice is a validation of pro-choice values.
ttp://www.feministing.com/archives/010762.html

What a pure example of utter dickholery. And probably a great representation of reality, too, these neoNazi Republican trashheaps want choices for their daughters and their families but fuck everyone else. It's completely amazing that this jackass is the best they can do to run the country. Here he practically lies- "it's not prochoice to be...prochoice!" and no one goes into a flurry, no one calls him out on it. And people are going to vote for him!?!

Astonishing. I bet these people in 2004 if told exactly what Bush was going to do, would have voted for him anyways. The United States-idiots get elected by idiots.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:49 pm

I share your frustration.

I don't know why the democrats don't come out fighting a little harder. They should be pointing out the utter hypocrisy of the republican party a lot more.

My GOD, part of the Republican Platform is NO EXCEPTIONS for Abortion, not even to save the mother's life!!!!!
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:07 pm

MUST READ letter about Sarah Palin by someone who knows her well:

http://my2bucks.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/a-letter-from-someone-who-has-known-sarah-palin-since-1992/
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:47 pm

I am utterly amazed that they can choose such an unqualified individual to run for VP. She has NO experience and actually uses the PTA as part of her resume. WOW
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:57 pm

It goes to show how dependent the republican party is on know-nothing religious whack jobs.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:20 pm

Whyever would you think I'm frustrated? Laughing

Good link there for that letter.

I think it's only a matter of time before the shit hits the fan with her.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:32 pm

I know teen pregnancy happens but who in their right mind would want a woman who can not even control her children? Her 17 year old is pregnant and she has 4 others, one being special needs. Does she really have the time to give to the position?

And my favorite quote was of her saying she does not even know what the VP does...

Yep, she is PERFECT for the job. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 2:06 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy   Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy Empty

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin Picture of Hypocrisy
Page 1 of 1