All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers Empty
PostSubject: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:44 pm

http://ehealthforum.com/health/its-been-yonks-babys-born-t152013-a1.html

This makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 3:50 am

Makes me sad for the taxpayers of England. I know some girls need it. Like Danni (Danizibelle). She is going to school and trying to make a future for her child and her family. Her boyfriend is also still with her and helping. Girls like them make it hard for girls like her to make it.
Back to top Go down
RebelCats

RebelCats

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:30 am

Color me confused. Maybe I am just missing something here not knowing the back story of a lot of people on ehealth. But how do you know they are welfare moms? And how do we know they are just taking advantage of the system because they can opposed to getting help till they are stable on their feet?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm

They are in the U.K., and part of their welfare system includes apartments called flats which are provided for them to live in. The more children you have, the larger the flat.

One of the women is now on her 3rd child, living in those conditions. To me, that is abusing the system no matter how you look at it. I can see one child, you use welfare until you get back on your feet financially, etc., but 2 more kids? What kind of life will they have? And I remember the circumstances under which that third child was conceived, also, which doesn't improve the overall impression of this lifestyle, either. The woman just had a romp in bed with a friends-with-benefits type of situation, she was not even in any kind of relationship with the father. I remember vividly how worried she was to tell him she was pregnant.

Danni is a great example of just the opposite. She had one child, had to live in those conditions, but she's already in college trying to get out of the situation. She also had her child in a committed. loving relationship, which is still intact to this day.

I'm not casting aspersions on single mothers here, because I believe most of them started out their situations with men they loved and were at least in a relationship with at the time of the conception of the child. The relationships just went bad in many cases after that, for whatever reasons.

But, when you are a poor, single mother of two living on welfare, and you go out and have sex with just anyone, and get pregnant and have the child which just adds to the misery the other two children already live in, yeah, that makes me sad. (It's not the indiscriminate sex I have a problem with, it's bringing a third child into the world on purpose under the existing circumstances.)

Please note I am not saying anything about controlling any one else's behavior, I'm not trying to pass laws here, all I am saying is these situations make me sad. I have a right to express a feeling.

(Those last comments were not made for anyone who posts here regularly, they were for my lurker fan club who get pissed off at most of what I write. Smile)

Last edited by futureshock on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RebelCats

RebelCats

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Thank You for the background on that. As I said I don't know any of the backgrounds of a lot of posters here or there.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Ayshirelass, or whatever, is a baby making machine. She keeps popping out kids from random one night stands "with friends" and is taking what she can to support herself rather than trying to better her life. The other mother is also on welfare and if I remember correctly neither work. I know it can be hard with multiple children but birth control is a hell of a lot cheaper than a baby. Where I am from it is free for lower-income individuals
Back to top Go down
RebelCats

RebelCats

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 6:08 pm

It says Ayshirelass only have 2 kids I hardly call that a baby making machine. But thats just my opinion. I try not to come down to hard on young teens that make mistakes. I was one after all. Hell its taken me 12 years just to get back to school and get my GED. Then a plan to go on to college and get a degree. Anyways I just try not to be to hard and educate instead. We have no idea how she was raised and what she was taught. What she has done may be all she knows because that was how she was raised. Get what I am saying.

I know its easy to say you are suppose to learn from others mistakes but reality is not everyone works that way. My mom tried that with me but in the end I made all the same mistakes she did but I did learn from my back steps.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 6:58 pm

The on night stands are what bother me. She keeps sleeping around and being worried. I only believed her to have three children because I recall her having a scare with yet another guy not long before getting pregnant the second time. She is irresponsible.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 1:35 am

I hear you, rebelcats.

Anyway, here is where the "3" children idea came from, the first post in the thread referenced in the op:

Quote :
"so its been tough but now im settled a bit. got the three boys. lovly flat. and not the size of a beached whale no more lol.
im promising myself not to get pregnent again for a while coz god that hurt more than i remember."
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 1:39 am

RebelCats wrote:
Thank You for the background on that. As I said I don't know any of the backgrounds of a lot of posters here or there.

You are very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers   Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading a Discussion Between Welfare Mothers
Page 1 of 1