All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

general question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
krystineM

krystineM

general question Empty
PostSubject: general question   general question EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 2:58 pm

did anyone have weight issues after they had there children?

ive struggled with an ED for quite some time, and i thought i had put it away for good when i found out i was pregnant.
but now all i think about is my weight.
i gained a total of 160lbs. during my pregnancy
and lost 25lbs. bringing me to 135lbs. now.
i know im not going to loose the weight over night, i mean it too 9 months to gain this weight!
but im just wondering, did anyone have weight issues too?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 6:40 am

You gained 160 pounds?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 6:41 am

I actually lost weight overall during pregnancy because I was so sick, so I'm not a good one to ask.
Back to top Go down
RebelCats

RebelCats

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 8:20 am

When I was pregnant with my first son I went from 100lbs to just short of 160lbs, I believe it was 156 lbs. It took my 2 years to drop down to 115 lbs. After kids 2-3 and 4 I went back up to 160. It took me 4 years after my last children to really get down to losing weight. I went down to 130 after counting calories and exercising. Nut those 4 years in between having him and losing the weight I never really thought about my weight. I only thought about it when I could no longer fit anything I had. Then I lost just enough to fit back into them and look healthy.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 8:34 am

I'm having weight issues, but they are unrelated to the pregnancy.

Have you been to your OB to find out if medically, everything is ok?

That is what happened to me... just lots of people telling me to diet and exercise.

It ended up being a hormone imbalance.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 pm

ya i gained 160lbs. and my jaw nearly hit the floor when i found that out because i ate healthy, went for walks didnt pigout on junk too much.
but yeah, i lost a fair bit.
but now i hate how i look im self-cautious about my weight big time again..
nothing fits, and i hate it. all my clothes are size small or x-small
so trying to fit into jeans or tops is out the window.

i have seen my OB, everything is looking good, im healing up good too
and she said if something comes up on my PAP test that they would let me know otherwise i should see them in a year.

for majority of my life ive had an eating disorder.
and its true when people say once your in its hold your there for good.
i thought i was passed it but its come back stronger this time.
i diet and exercise although i dont think i diet very well...
im back to eating like 1 thing a day or not caring if i eat at all.
its a problem i have to work on. i know.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 3:11 am

I don't know how it is possible to gain 160 pounds in 9 months. So you must weigh close to 300 pounds now, right?

I mean, let's say you were around 130 or 140 before pregnancy. Then you gained 160 pounds, that equals around 300 pounds.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:26 am

Ok i know what your doing now, instead of saying 'my weight was blah blah blah before pregnancy then i gained....' i just said 160lbs.
So let me clear this up for you.
I gained about 50lbs. I did not gain 160lbs. I meant that was what i weighed in total.

At my last couple appointments during my pregnancy they said i was 160lbs.
And if you noticed i said i lost 25lbs. after giving birth,
and no, i am not 300lbs. that would mean i would have gained weight after my pregnancy and would be way WAY over weight formy height.
I was about 105-110lbs. before i got pregnant.
I GAINED about 50lbs. or so.
They average weight gain from anywhere between 15-35lbs. during pregnancy, but you CAN gain more.
You dont add the before weight of pregnancy and then add it to your pregnancy weight.
They see how much your gaining THROUGHOUT your pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:29 pm

I know a lot of women who tend to gain more. Having already lost over half of what you gained I would say you are doing great.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:05 am

thanks alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

general question Empty
PostSubject: Re: general question   general question Empty

Back to top Go down

general question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Drama All of the Time :: General :: Community Chat-
Jump to: