All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bastard Factory

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
krystineM

krystineM

Bastard Factory - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:28 am

you had good points.
but some married couples do this as well, go to welfare to raise their kids.
and i know it is true. i have met parents who have done this and still do this.

not all married couples can provide, or are jst too wrapped up in their own social life or party lfe still while their say..25 and up

not every teen who gets pregnant is not a high school graduate or have a least some college experience either.
they may still live at home, and have the opportunity to stay home with their child, and bring in an income for their kid and while there at work the grandparents watch that child for a little.
minimum wage here is $7.30 if your under 18 and i think its $8.30 when your 18 and up.

and i know what bastard means. i still think there doesnt have to even be a name for that..

but what else would you have that teen parent do?
if her family isnt supportive of her, if she gets kicked out of her house while pregnant, if the father of her child doesnt want any part in the baby or her life, what else is she to do?
clearly she has to make it on her own for a while, and if it means that temporairily she has to use welfare, then i guess thats what she has to do so she can raise that child..
and i think thats the only time i would not judge the person using welfare.
where i do have an issue is the teens how purposly get pregnant just to bring in more money for themselves.

but you have to admit that even though yes married couples do have a higher education-sometimes-
they are just as capable of getting welfare money too in order to raise there kids just like these teens do.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Krystine, you obviously didn't understand anything in my last post.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:34 pm

i understood it.

believe me i did.
but there's a stereotype in there that is aimed at all teens and you are oblivious to believe that some adult married or unmarried couples do this as well.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 pm

krystineM wrote:
i understood it.

believe me i did.
but there's a stereotype in there that is aimed at all teens and you are oblivious to believe that some adult married or unmarried couples do this as well.

Nope, that is completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:14 pm

so your saying that married or unmarried adult parents would not use welfare as a way to raise their children..yet there are adult parents who are drug addicts, who are alcoholics, who abuse their children..but they cant use welfare to raie their kids.
please.
open your eyes.

maybe where you live this does not happen or you dont hear about it because their adults and not teens.
but where i live it does happen. and i would bet my right arm that this does happen.
it just goes unheard because there not teens.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Where are you getting the stuff from that you think I am saying?

Let's go through this carefully:

krystineM wrote:
you had good points.
What were those good points?
Quote :

but some married couples do this as well, go to welfare to raise their kids.
and i know it is true. i have met parents who have done this and still do this.
Where did I say this never happens?
Quote :

not all married couples can provide, or are jst too wrapped up in their own social life or party lfe still while their say..25 and up
Where did I say differently?
Quote :

not every teen who gets pregnant is not a high school graduate or have a least some college experience either.
Where did I say "every teen who gets pregnant is not a high school graduate or and doesn't have a least some college experience "?
Quote :

but what else would you have that teen parent do?
if her family isnt supportive of her, if she gets kicked out of her house while pregnant, if the father of her child doesnt want any part in the baby or her life, what else is she to do?
Not get pregnant, or not have the kid, or give it up for adoption.
Quote :

clearly she has to make it on her own for a while, and if it means that temporairily she has to use welfare, then i guess thats what she has to do so she can raise that child..
and i think thats the only time i would not judge the person using welfare.
where i do have an issue is the teens how purposly get pregnant just to bring in more money for themselves.

but you have to admit that even though yes married couples do have a higher education-sometimes-
they are just as capable of getting welfare money too in order to raise there kids just like these teens do.
THEY ARE NOT JUST AS CAPABLE OR LIKELY TO GET WELFARE MONEY. THIS IS THE POINT YOU ARE MISSING.

ONLY 2% OF WELFARE RECIPIENTS ARE MARRIED COUPLES
98% OF WELFARE RECIPIENTS ARE SINGLE PARENTS

Last edited by futureshock on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Please read my previous post again, more carefully:

futureshock wrote:
krystineM wrote:
i know that is what you said, but other people -outside of this network- can look at that fact, and take it in a way where every teen does this if they have never incountered a teen mother.
or judge quickly and say, there just in it for the easy money, do you know what i mean?

Good point. Smile

krystineM wrote:

why does it have to be called 'bastary factory'? i dont really like that...

to me it sounds like they are saying, every child out of wed lock has this problem where the parents recieve govornment funds, and what not. married couples well into there 20's and up do this too, but because there adults, older and all it goes unnoticed..

NO THEY DON'T. Almost ALL (over 90%) of welfare recipients are single mothers.*

Married couples in their 20's and older DO NOT utilize welfare AT ANY WHERE EVEN CLOSE to the rate that unwed teens do. In fact, only 2% of married couples use welfare. 98% of welfare recipients are unwed parents. 80% of unwed teens use welfare. If 80% of the older married couples used welfare that much, the entire country would be bankrupt. Where could the money possibly come from?

Think about this logically.

An older married couple has two people with at least high school or college diplomas. That is two people qualified to have decent jobs. That is two decent incomes. Before they have their first child, they are both making money, so they can save money and set it aside for their future children. After their first
child, one of them can stay home and care for the child, while the other one still goes to work and makes money to pay the bills. They have NO CHILDCARE expenses.

An unwed teen, and I mean not yet an adult, BY DEFINITION, has not graduated even from high school. The best she can make is minimum wage, which is $6.55 per hour. When she has a child, how can she watch it AND earn money at the same time? SHE CAN'T. There is no possible way for her to support herself or her child without assistance. That assistance is either her family or the government, which is why teens have such an incredibly high rate of welfare dependence.

(BTW, technically, "bastard" means any child born to unwed parents, regardless of the parent's age.)

*Over 90 percent of welfare parents are single mothers.—U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration

Two percent of total welfare recipients are married couples; Thirty-six percent are divorced, widowed, or separated persons; Fifty-four percent were never married.—U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration

http://salt.claretianpubs.org/stats/welref/profile.html
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:56 pm

i dont want to get in an argument.
your last reply seems to sound as if you were denying that married couples could get on welfare.
when you said 'nope, thats completely wrong.'

so im going to drop this.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 am

futureshock wrote:
krystineM wrote:
i understood it.

believe me i did.

Nope, that is completely wrong.

For the record, my reply of Nope, that is completely wrong." was in response to
you saying I am oblivious of the fact that some adult married and unmarried couples use welfare.

Not only did I say that adult married people use welfare, I even gave the EXACT STATISTICS showing how many welfare recipients are married couples, as opposed to single parents.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:34 am

and i said im going to drop this.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 am

ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bastard Factory
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4