All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL

Go down 
+3
futureshock
Reptar
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL Empty
PostSubject: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 2:32 pm

What are some of the things you didn't know about getting pregnant?

For example, here are some things I've heard people say:

I didn't think I could get pregnant in the first year after my period started....
I didn't think I could get pregnant the first time I had sex...
etc., etc.

Besides writing down things you mistakenly believed, also please include things you've heard other people say about this.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://alldrama.rpg-board.net
Reptar

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:53 pm

I didn't think I could get pregnant on birth control Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Reptar wrote:
I didn't think I could get pregnant on birth control Rolling Eyes

I am astonished at how many (young people especially) are getting pregnant while using birth control. I briefly saw an article about bc not working as well in adolescents as it does in adults, I wonder if that is true?
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 pm

I personally think this is because of the responsibility factor. Younger people tend to not think of all that bc entails. You need to take it at the same time every day in order for it to work and many people do not do this. I personally take my pill religiously AND use condoms. It is not that hard and works for us both in the end by easing our minds, especially since neither of us wants children.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:26 am

Also, I think many teens (and older women probably, too), are lying when they say they got pregnant while using things like the birth control pill.
Back to top Go down
W.S.

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:37 am

futureshock wrote:
Also, I think many teens (and older women probably, too), are lying when they say they got pregnant while using things like the birth control pill.

Oh yeah, baby. If it were the case that so many women/teens are truly getting pregnant while taking birth control, it wouldn't be anywhere near 99% effective, would it? It would seem that the effective rate would drop to near 70% the way people are always getting pregnant on the pill.

It is frightening how many children are brought into this world through trickery.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:43 pm

juryofone wrote:
futureshock wrote:

Oh yeah, baby. If it were the case that so many women/teens are truly getting pregnant while taking birth control, it wouldn't be anywhere near 99% effective, would it? It would seem that the effective rate would drop to near 70% the way people are always getting pregnant on the pill.

It is frightening how many children are brought into this world through trickery.

I hope parents of boys are warning them not only about STD's and accidental pregnancy, but also about deliberate, planned pregnancies occurring without their knowledge. These boys/men are under the assumption that the pregnancies were accidental.

There are also the boys/men who go along with the (school-age) teen girls who want to get pregnant. Even more puzzling are the group of boys/men for whom it is their idea/wish for their teen gf's to get pregnant. Last of all, and worst of all, are the boys/men who trick their teen gf's into getting pregnant by putting holes in condoms, hiding bc pills, etc.
Back to top Go down
jenn_smithson

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:25 am

futureshock wrote:
They aren't. The numbers that we have in the US are weighted for this possibility. BUT, the numbers are similar in other nations where it is very easy to research this issue. In the Netherlands, for example, all medicine and healthcare is universal. It is extremely easy for scientists and other researchers to view the number of Women on birth control who also become pregnant in a year there.

In the US, though, the numbers are always higher because we are the only industrialized nation who puts barriers to access for contraception up. In the US, unlike other developed places, you cannot get birth control unless you: are a citizen and have at least some money or access to it. Even if you find a free program, as few as those are, you still have to have access to transportation (which can cost money). In the US, we also make it as hard as possible for poor and young Women to access contraception with the direct result that we then have more people living in poverty than in many other nations.

Basically, you can trust the statistics as being true because they have been properly weighted for social desirability factors AND because other nations have similar rates of accidents.

Peace,
Jenn
Back to top Go down
Jincks013

Jincks013

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL EmptySun May 18, 2008 7:23 am

futureshock wrote:

Shove it future!.
I personally think you just like to indulge in some delusion of granduer playing holier-then-thou with people.. NEWS FUCKING FLASH..

IT CAN AND DOES HAPPEN NO MATTER YOUR ABJECT STUPIDITY!! Some of us DID use our pills correctly and STILL got pregnant. Are you implying your personally supervised my BC ? Because the only way to make your statement true would be if you had personally supervised the pill taking of every woman out there.
I am sick of your war on young mothers.. get a hobby for fucks sake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL   I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL Empty

Back to top Go down

I Didn't Think I Could Get Pregnant Because... A POLL
Page 1 of 1