All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To Spank or Not to Spank

Go down 
+4
futureshock
Erulissė
krystineM
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
krystineM

krystineM

To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:02 pm

im just answering the question. Your obviously not going to use full force when giving a spank to a child.
and they are usually in a pull-up, and even when their not, its still light.
Hell mothers back just a few years ago used a qooden spoon to discipline their child, most the students in my school who take a course called Human Growth and Development [early childhood education class] said their parent hit them once or twice with a spoon.
But i said i would not hit my child, i had only said i see nothing wrong with it.
HOWEVER, when i parent uses an object, i think thats wrong. I mean a child could not have done something so horrible to get hit with a wooden spoon ot something like that.
Back to top Go down
W.S.

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:34 pm

krystineM wrote:
im just answering the question. Your obviously not going to use full force when giving a spank to a child.and they are usually in a pull-up, and even when their not, its still light.
Hell mothers back just a few years ago used a qooden spoon to discipline their child, most the students in my school who take a course called Human Growth and Development [early childhood education class] said their parent hit them once or twice with a spoon.
But i said i would not hit my child, i had only said i see nothing wrong with it.
HOWEVER, when i parent uses an object, i think thats wrong. I mean a child could not have done something so horrible to get hit with a wooden spoon ot something like that.

I am not going to spank my child. Nor do I spank. I don't believe in it.

Implying they are usually wearing a pull up, sets up an age frame of being a toddler. Older children are generally potty trained.

You did say you had no problem smacking your child. You have said it many times. We get it.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 pm

This is so bizarre. Really. Let's all step back and think about how bizarre this is.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Erulissė wrote:
This is so bizarre. Really. Let's all step back and think about how bizarre this is.

It really is bizarre. Spanking/hitting usually entails constraining a child so that they cannot escape, and then inflicting pain on them. (There do not have to be any marks left in order for it to be very painful.) Who could do this to a child?
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:18 am

Nice attempt at back tracking Krystine. I feel sorry for your child.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:50 pm

are you people seriously dumb.
i never said i would potentially hit my kid!
i just said thre is nothing that i see bad about it, you dont hit with full force, there is no trama done.
we [or some of us] may have been hit as children, are there permanent scars left? are we criminals or have psychological or developmental problems? i highly doubt it. and if there was permanent damage, it would not be from your parent giving you a little spank one or two times, it would be from comtinuous ABUSE real hard smacks, verbal abuse and emotional abuse.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Who said the problem with spanking is only when it leaves a mark?
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:05 pm

ok im gonna stop replying on this one discussion.
no matter what i say it has some twist to it i guess.
it asked to spank or not to spank and i think what everyones take is on it.
i said what mine is, and because my decision is not like others, im a target.
so ive had enough.
Back to top Go down
W.S.

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 10:15 pm

krystineM wrote:
so ive had enough.

It isn't about your decision not being like the others, Krystine. It is about your decision sounding like it may be abusive. This is also a board called PARENTING DEBATE. If you can't stand the heat, it is wise to get out of the kitchen.

The reason spanking is a debatable issue is because it is a hot button topic. Looks like most of the women here don't believe in it. You'll have to develop a thicker skin and a better way to get your topic across to others.

NONE of your words were twisted. That is the thing with written words. Its all there in black and white. We took exactly what you said and mirrored it back to you. You didn't like that.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:07 pm

krystineM wrote:
are you people seriously dumb.

You're trying to tell us that it's okay to hit kids, and we are "seriously dumb"?

krystineM wrote:
so ive had enough.

Yeah, and when your decision is based in something called "crazy" and it's about hitting people, folks are going to get up in arms about it.

What the hell, seriously, you can Google Scholar all kinds of articles about hitting kids (you can call it spanking if you think that makes it nicer) and you're going to rarely find something that advocates hitting as an okay thing to do.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 pm

yet some parents still hit their kids sometimes.
the only time it becomes a big issue is when a child has signs of abuse.
not getting a little smack here or there.
it is from constant hitting and bruising that goes hand and hand with abuse.
not a little hit.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:53 am

krystineM wrote:
The only time it becomes a big deal to whom?
Quote :

not a little hit.

I am speaking about how the individual child feels about being hit. Just because being hit doesn't leave a mark doesn't mean it didn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:12 pm

krystineM wrote:
not a little hit.

You have never backed up thses sentiments with reality.

"A little hit". What the hell is a "little hit"? It's like death...or pregnancy. You aren't a little dead or a little pregnant.

Hitting people is never okay, krystineM. There is no reasonable justification for doing it.

Common sense is in the toliet with crap piled on top of it.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:47 pm

ok whatever you say.
Back to top Go down
W.S.

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm

krystineM wrote:
ok whatever you say.

I would like to point out that you said you weren't going to post here anymore. Since then you have posted twice.

You don't have to have the last word all the time. Let it go. You aren't changing anyone's mind. You said what you said, in words and black and white. We've all dug them up and you say we are twisting them. You are the one saying, "I didn't say that." You did say that. I think maybe you don't know how to get your point across. What maybe you intended to say didn't come out that way at all.

Just drop it. This is making you look terrible. You have been inconsistent and contrary since the very begining. I'm begining to wonder if you don't have an issue with that.
Back to top Go down
Gematria

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:08 pm

This is a long thread, lol!

I think, from reading most of this thread, that some of the frustration of some posters towards Krystine stems from a change
seen here:
krystine's original position:
krystineM wrote:

again its what your spanking for, i mean your not going to hit your kid over spilt milk, or dressing themselves backwards because then that can lead to violent behaviour. But when a child has thrown a tempertantrum in the store or is throwing things all over the place, and after more than one try of telling the child to stop, a slight smack on the wrist assures they have your attention and to stop what their doing and listen.

Another poster's view:
futureshock wrote:

You have obviously never been with a child throwing a temper tantrum. No slight smack on the wrist is going to stop them from what they are doing and have them listen. You seem to think that they are in control of themselves and are able to make that connection-pain from slap on wrist=stop my tantrum. It doesn't work that way, not even close.

This whole conversation makes me uncomfortable because it shows a lack of compassion and love for the child, and also an ignorance about how their little brains function. The only correct thing to do in this situation is to take your child out of the situation. If you are in a store, you pick your child up and you leave. You take the child out to the car and sit quietly until he or she calms down. VIOLENCE, in the middle of a tantrum, is like throwing gasoline on a fire.
krystine's ammended position:
krystineM wrote:
futureshock, i get your point too, it does sound like a lack of patience when you hit a kid for misbehaving.
and no i dont think that after one smack they will stop whatever they are doing, but in my experience of seeing some kids i used to baby sit and how their parents raised them, one light smack made them stop faster than 5 or 8 times of being told stop.
And yeah your 100% right, and is something i would most definately do if my child acts up, turn right around and go back home and explain why we left the store or wherever we were, my mom did that with me and my 2 brothers and after a few times of that happening, we learned it we did something bad or did not listen we would be taken back home.

But when i said a gentle pat, you are not going to inflict so much pain on a child where it leaves a mark, because then that woud be more towards child abuse.
Back to top Go down
W.S.

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Gem, I think we would all love to see a post where Krystine did not contradict something she has previously said, then vehemently denied ever saying what she originally said and called us all liars.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 10:27 pm

I guess maybe she got bored with us???
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:55 pm

krystineM wrote:
ok whatever you say.

Thank God! krystineM has finally agreed that hitting people is wrong. If you just admitted that on page one we'd have been done and gone on this.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:04 am

lol! But then we wouldn't have had all of this fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Spank or Not to Spank   To Spank or Not to Spank - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Spank or Not to Spank
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Drama All of the Time :: Debate :: Parenting Debate-
Jump to: