All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers Empty
PostSubject: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:03 am

This is from ProChoiceTalk. It illustrates how the right wing distorts and lies to push their view of the world onto the rest of society:

Altari wrote:
I got this in an eMail today
Quote :
As far as the Mothers Act goes, how can taxpayers be expected to pay for drug treatments when the problem that isn’t even understood? As the bill freely acknowledges “The causes of postpartum depression are complex and unknown.” In a mysterious leap of faith the bill says that this condition requires medication to treat it even though such medication has never been proven clinically effective and carries serious side effect risks for the mother and baby, including cardiovascular birth defects.

The bill goes on to set up a system of taxpayer-funded grants to pay for the treatments. It even commits you the taxpayer to funding “clinical research for the development and evaluation of new treatments for postpartum conditions, including new biological agents.” This means taxpayers will now foot the bill of Big Pharma drug development including the most dangerous new category of totally unproven pie-in-the-sky biological drugs that cost hundreds of billions of dollars to develop and can irreparably injure within minutes!

The entire text of the bill can be found here.

------------------

I find this to be absolutely ridiculous. IT'S A MEDICAL CONDITION. Are we going to pass laws requiring tax-payer led funding of all medical conditions?

No surprise, the good ol' Chicago politicians are in on this one. Mr Barak and The Big Dick. I didn't know the machine was now in bed with Pfizer. Evil or Very Mad

Go figure - the bill suggests that woman at "high risk" are in need of "in home" check ups. After this gets passed, what comes next? Will the doctor's force the woman to take the drugs? The drugs we pay to research (forcibly), and she pays to purchase (forcibly)?

That email is full of misinformation.

I read about the ACT from the link you provided. Here is a summary of the ACT:

Quote :
Postpartum depression is treatable if promptly diagnosed, and in the United States, nearly 800,000 new cases of PPD are recorded each year. That estimate is low since approximately 40% of women who suffer from postpartum symptoms go undiagnosed. However, the good news is that those who do receive treatment; the recovery rate is 90%.

The MOTHERS Act

The Mom’s Opportunity to Access Health, Education, Research, and Support for Postpartum Depression Act or the MOTHERS Act seeks to ensure that new mothers and their families are educated about postpartum depression, screened for symptoms, and provided with essential services. In addition, it seeks to increase research into the causes, diagnoses and treatments for postpartum depression.
http://www.awhonn.org/awhonn/content.do?name=05_HealthPolicyLegislation/5B1d_PPD.htm

Who could be against this? Following is a letter asking Mike Huckabee to help to defeat this bill. This email is typical of the mind set of those opposing this Act:
From a website about Mike Huckabee:
Quote :
Please contact your Congressmen and Senators about two dangerous pieces of legislation:
1. ENDA (which is in the US House): This act proposes to prohibit all employers from "discriminating" against employees based on "sexual orientation." But, the very concept of "sexual orientation" is a lie of the homosexual agenda. There is no such thing as "sexual orientation." This is a manufactured term made up by the homosexual activists to suggest that engaging in homosexual behavior is akin to race, ethnicity, or gender. It is not. Behavior is *behavior*. We all have the capacity as human beings to rationally decide what we are going to do. Those who engage in homosexual acts are *doing* something that they have *decided* to *do*. It is NOT sexual "orientation." It is sexual *behavior*.
If you stop a minute to think about what actually occurs in homosexual sexual acts, and if you stop and consider how the human body was designed and, therefore, how homosexual sexual acts expose a man to the most unhealthy situation imaginable—if you really think objectively about those things—you will want to fight against the entire homosexual agenda, including ENDA. Anyone who engages in such disgusting acts should not be protected from discrimination on the basis of their doing those very acts.
S. 1375: Mom's Opportunity to Access Health, Education, Research, and Support
for Postpartum Depression Act (which is in the US Senate).
While purporting to be a bill of compassion for women suffering from postpartum depression, this bill actually is intrusive and dangerous. It would very likely lead to forcing women to take certain medications, which can have very serious mental side effects. It is no coincidence that many of the supporters of this bill are part of the abortion lobby. Mandating screening of women for postpartum depression is more government intrusion and has an anti-family agenda. It could even lead to forced contraception, sterilization, or abortion
in the future.
Please ask your senators to vote against this bill, or, better yet, never let it come to the floor.
I just heard about this on the May issue of LifeTalk (an excellent prolife monthly video from Life Dynamics--see www.prolifeAmerica.com). A guest on the show described the horrible effects she experienced from medication she was given for this, and she is trying to make folks aware of it. Senator Tom Coburn, a good prolife man who is also an OBGYN, has been trying to fight this bill.
I hope you will contact your Congressmen and Senators about ENDA, and contact your Senators about this postpartum bill, and ask them not to support them.
God Bless You!

Also, another terrible piece of legislation is ENDA, which would seek
to elevate homosexual behavior to the same status as race, gender, and
ethnicity. It is currently in the US House. It was proposed by
Democrat Congressman Barney Frank, an open homosexual. Please contact
your senators and Congressmen to oppose it.
Thank you and God bless you.

http://www.huckpac.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=1629

Post Partum Depression is VERY serious. Just a reminder about how serious this is, here is what has gone on in just Texas in the last 5 years alone:

Texas as in the last five years, four women,
including Andrea Yates, have been charged with murdering their children pleading while
suffering from severe postpartum depression or postpartum psychosis. Lisa Ann Diaz of
Plano drowned her two daughters;6 Deanna Laney of Tyler fatally beat her two sons;7
Dena Schlosser of Plano dismembered her baby daughter;8 and Andrea Yates, drowned
her five children.9 Most recently, Gilberta Estrada-Vega of Parker County hanged
herself and her three daughters, one of whom survived.

Who could possibly be against this?

Quote :
As you may know, there are some people who are completely convinced that the MBS MOTHERS Act is a conspiratorial plot by the government to drug pregnant and postpartum women, and it must be STOPPED AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and I know that's not true. So we've kind of ignored the negative campaign -- been slightly pissed and sometimes even truly annoyed but gone on with our day because it's silly and we have lots of more important things to worry about than some misguided folks.
http://postpartumprogress.typepad.com/weblog/mothers_act/index.html

Here is another website AGAINST this Act. See for yourself how it is all lies:

Quote :
MOTHERS Act Seeks to Drug Expectant Mothers with Antidepressants to “Treat” Postpartum Depression
by Mike Adams
(NaturalNews) A new law being considered in the U.S. Congress would attempt to prevent postpartum depression in new moms by drugging them with SSRI antidepressant drugs while they’re still pregnant. This legislation is being aggressively pushed by pro-pharma front groups in an effort to expand the customer base for SSRI drugs by targeting pregnant women as new “customers” for the chemicals. It’s an example of the latest insanity from Big Pharma, whose drugs are already killing over 100,000 Americans each year while inciting violence and suicides in teens. Every single shooting massacre we’ve seen in the last ten years has been carried out by a person taking SSRI antidepressant drugs. The mainstream media pays no attention to this link, and the FDA ignores the reports in order to keep these drugs on the market.
SSRI drugs have never been approved for use on newborns, yet this new MOTHERS Act will effectively drug unborn babies and newborns with drugs like Prozac. This will certainly have an impact on their developing brains, and the bulk of the research available today shows that the impact will be negative. Will these children be more prone to violent thoughts and behavior? Will they contemplate suicide at younger ages? And what will be the impact of the drugs on the mother?
For one mother who was drugged with antidepressants — Amy Philo — the drugs caused her to experience thoughts of violence against her own newborn babies. After taking antidepressants prescribed by her doctor, she had visions of killing them (and herself). Upon returning to her doctor, Amy was told to increase the dosage! Eventually, Amy realized the drugs were wrecking her own brain chemistry, and she stopped taking the pills entirely, causing the thoughts of violence and suicide to subside.
Now, Amy is leading a campaign to stop the MOTHERS Act. She’s posted a heart-wrenching 5-minute video on YouTube that tells her story (with pictures of her babies, too!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQW23XCmOCw

http://holisticradical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down
Erulissë

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers EmptyTue May 20, 2008 2:33 pm

I can't even stand it anymore. I admire anyone who can stomach even responding to this kind of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:03 pm

I usually can figure out the motivation of the wingnuts, but I am really stymied with this one.
Back to top Go down
Erulissë

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers EmptyTue May 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Hmmm...is there a legitimate reason to think that this could mean:

Quote :
To ensure that new mothers and their families are educated about postpartum depression, screened for symptoms, and provided with essential services
(bold is mine)

...that women may be forced to take meds?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Erulissë wrote:
Hmmm...is there a legitimate reason to think that this could mean:

Quote :
To ensure that new mothers and their families are educated about postpartum depression, screened for symptoms, and provided with essential services
(bold is mine)

...that women may be forced to take meds?

No, and the wingnuts know that. For some reason they made up a bunch of egregious lies about this bill, and I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
Erulissë

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers EmptyWed May 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Who is backing the bill? Maybe that's the problem. Otherwise, I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:25 pm

I am still seeing blog after blog about this bill, most claiming that the MOTHERS act will force pregnant women to take drugs, which is a lie.

Unreal.

View this thread: MOTHERS Act Seeks to Drug Expectant Mothers with Antidepressants to "Treat" Postpartum Depression

At the bottom, in the comments section, you'll see mine:

"Where in the MOTHERs ACT does it say ANYTHING about giving drugs to PREGNANT women?"
Response:
"I really don't see what "delivering healthcare" and "tools necessary" could be alluding to. I mean, really, we're living in an over-medicated society, is this really that surprising?"
My reply:
"But where does it say anything about giving drugs to pregnant women? I only read
delivering healthcare" and "tools necessary", etc., in reference to POST PARTUM women, i.e. women who had already delivered their babies, who were suffering from post partum depression.

That's a huge difference. So yes, it is surprising to read articles warning the public about something that isn't true."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers   Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers Empty

Back to top Go down

Right Wing LIES This Time Against New Mothers
Page 1 of 1