All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off Empty
PostSubject: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:26 am

Quote :
Expert: Sierra Glinatsis
Subject: I'm 16 and having trouble getting pregnant...

Question
QUESTION: I'm 16 and I'm on Birth Control.
Me and my boyfriend thought I was pregnant about two months ago. But than we found out I was just really late.
But after all that thinking that I was; we've decided to try having a baby.
I know I'm young.
But I've thought EVERYTHING through.
And I really think I'm ready and that I can handle everything of having a baby.

And for the past month and a half, I've been skipping days on my pills and taking them at the wrong times.
And we've been trying to have a baby.
But every time we try and have a baby about two or three days in a row, and I've skipped my pills; I think that I'm pregnant. (because I start feeling sick and stuff and think I could be having symptoms of being pregnant.) But then the next day I end up starting my period.

And it's VERY disappointing.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong..!

I don't smoke or drink.
I've been eating healthy foods.
And I still can't figure out what is so wrong.

Could you PLEASE help me..? =[
I can't handle all this disappointment...
I'm so close to giving up, but.. I really don't want to give up.
I want this baby.

Please help me.
Thanks.

-Karissa
p.s.
I hope I didn't write too much and I hope it made sense. =]
First of all, she isn't even bright enough to realize the problem with her not getting pregnant is the way she is screwing her body up with the on again off again pill taking. Why would anyone in their right mind do this with bc pills?
Quote :

ANSWER: Karissa,
Are you really SURE you have thought EVERY THING through?  Before I answer this question completely, I need to you to write me a list of things that you thought would be involved in raising a child at this age, how it is going to impact your future, how long you and your boyfriend have been together, and what your game plan is...Looking forward to hearing back from you...
~Sierra

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Well I've thought about all the pain I'll have to go through, and I'm getting a job, and me and my boyfriend are going to save up money to support the baby, and no matter what, I'm going to stay in school and pass high school.
And I know for a fact that if I had a baby, my mom would be there to support me.
And I have a bunch of friends and family that will be there for me too. =]
And I don't really go out much with friends, so that doesn't bother me.
And me and my boyfriend have been together for half a year.
oooh, 6 months!
Quote :

But I KNOW he loves me.
And I love him more than anything. =]
For now.
Quote :

And to me, having a baby would mean I wouldn't ever be alone, and I'd have something that was ONLY me and my boyfriends and no one else's, and no one could take that away from us.
Oh, yes they can and they sometimes do.
Quote :

And also, having a baby would mean that me and my boyfriend would be together forever.
Oh My God. The sheer ignorance is astounding.
Quote :

And I'm very responsible, so I'd be able to take care of the baby.
And I used to watch a bunch of babies, so I have experience with that also.
Hmm..
I'm sure theres more things I've thought about but I can't quite remember most of the things.
You can't remember MOST of the things, but you are ready to financially support yourself and a baby?
Quote :

But I know I'm ready.

I'm also very shy, so I think that if I have a baby, then I'd be able to open up more. =] And just.. be myself.

Did I miss anything? =]

So..
Do you think your able to answer my question now..?
Thanks<3
-Karissa
The whole thing is just sad, really. To read the answer to her questions, follow the
source
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 12:04 pm

I wonder if things would be different if this girl's mother could/would read that. It's really sad.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:30 pm

That's a good question and you're right, it is sad.

I really think this desire to have a child is irrational, and indicative of a much deeper problem.

"And to me, having a baby would mean I wouldn't ever be alone, and I'd have something that was ONLY me and my boyfriends and no one else's, and no one could take that away from us."

"And also, having a baby would mean that me and my boyfriend would be together forever."

"I'm also very shy, so I think that if I have a baby, then I'd be able to open up more. =] And just.. be myself."

I've seen this same sentiments expressed too many times in relationship to teen pregnancy. Why do so many teen girls (and boys, probably, which is why they go along with it) have such crushing feelings of loneliness?
Back to top Go down
W.S.

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:41 pm

Those poor babies get born with a job (as Dr. Phil would say). Their job is to satisfy their parents (mother's) loneliness. Which we all know doesn't work.

It is sad.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:58 pm

... Shocked wow!

i've never heard anyone sound so stupid in my entire life.
Once again, another fixation to have a child.
she's "thought of everything"...
i dont think she crunched numbers as to how expensive raising a baby would be.
she is so ignorant thinking her "boyfriend will stay with her forever" if they have a kid.
Someone needs to show her stats as to how many boyfriends actually leave when the baby is born or deny that the kid is theirs.
I dont think anyone should bring a child into the world just because they want something to love.
I think most teens get these ideas in their heads because their bored.
Maybe there's more than one member in their family and they want to be the center of attention. And what better way to do that than have a child. EVERYONE will be around you, want to talk to you and you will now be the center of attention. Maybe thats what they think subconsciously.

It amazes me, that so many teens think their parents will jump up and down when they hear that their CHILD is wanting/planning a baby/already pregnant, but their to afraid to tell them they could be pregnant.
I bet if they sat down and told them this they would be in for a real shock.

And this girl is ridiculious! "i dont know what im doing wrong!"
hmmm! maybe because your STILL taking birthcontrol!!!

She's thought of EVERYTHING, but doesnt realize that it takes more than saving up like you do to raise a goldfish to raise a child.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:05 pm

Excellent points, krystine!
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:07 pm

where was this posted future?
like what forum
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:16 pm

In the original post, at the very end, you sill see a blue word "source". Click on it and it will bring you right to the original web site, and right to the post.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:57 pm

thanks Smile

i just read the response that Sierra made.
She ws dead on with everything she stated.
But how effective she is with her reason as to why this girl should wait is now the question.

it just amazes me that every teen at that age thinks they know it all.
I will admitt, i thought that way once to as you know future, and boy was i wrong.
I can admitt that im wrong for thinking that way too.
Now that im expecting a child im scared sometimes if i will be a good parent, i dont know what im doing, i've never done this before, babysitting does now qualify you to be a parent..maybe responsible but not a parent.
I know im going to try my very best and do everything in my power to please my child along with my fiancee's help, but i could never say that i now know what im doing or getting into.

How can these children say they know what it takes, they know what to expect, they've thought it through, when all they've thought of was the idea of having a baby, a little cutie pie and smiles back at you. Its not like a new puppy that you can ignore when it gets bigger, they need constant care and attention and a hell of a lot of money for all the things they need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off   This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off Empty

Back to top Go down

This Kind Of Teen TTC Pisses Me Off
Page 1 of 1